Terms & Conditions
Welcome to rentcard.app, a service of rentcard GmbH (hereinafter: “rentcard”), Leopoldstraße 169 a, 80804 Munich, Germany. These following general terms and conditions of use (hereinafter: “GTC”) contain the basic rules for the use of the rentcard application folder (hereinafter: “rentcard application”), a service of rentcard GmbH.
§ 1 Scope, provider, data protection
(1) These terms and conditions apply to the online offer of rentcard GmbH, Leopoldstraße 169 a, 80804 Munich to users (hereinafter: “user”) on www.rentcard.app (hereinafter: “rentcard Bewerbung”).
(2) All services and offers of rentcard GmbH are provided exclusively on the basis of these General Terms and Conditions.
(3) The contract language is exclusively German.
(4) The currently valid General Terms and Conditions (hereinafter: GTC) can be accessed and printed out at www.rentcard.app/agb.
(5) We collect personal data when ordering an application folder and when using the rentcard application. Information on the processing of this data and your rights can be found at www.rentcard.app/privacy/.
§ 2 Description of services
(1) rentcard GmbH operates an online platform that enables private and commercial users to generate a digital application portfolio for housing applications via an account view function.
(2) For the user, the use or order of the rentcard application portfolio is subject to a fee. The use includes the creation of a digital application portfolio for housing applications as a digital file in PDF format or printed by mail. The application folder contains only data necessary to build and strengthen trust between two future business partners (e.g. tenant/landlord). You will receive the folder online as a PDF file or printed by mail.
(3) rentcard GmbH does not itself provide the account information service (hereinafter “KID”). The KID is provided by the provider FinAPI GmbH (hereinafter: FinAPI) as the responsible party within the meaning of the DSGVO. Separate general terms and conditions and data protection provisions apply here, of which FinAPI informs the user in the course of the order process.
(4) rentcard GmbH has no influence on the technically generated data of the user’s application file.
(5) rentcard GmbH does not check the generated application portfolio. Users are solely responsible for the correctness, accuracy, reliability, timeliness, appropriateness and/or completeness of the information in the application portfolio.
(6) rentcard GmbH always endeavors to ensure trouble-free operation of rentcard Bewerbung. Nevertheless, complete uninterrupted availability is not technically feasible. Due to maintenance work and due to line bottlenecks and events beyond the control of rentcard GmbH, there may be temporary restrictions in availability.
(7) Use of the service requires an account that has been activated for online banking and for which the user is the account holder.
(8) In order to use the service, the user must further log in to his account by means of an online banking PIN so that FinAPI can process the data deposited with the bank as account holder.Leopoldstraße 169 a
§ 3 Conclusion of contract/payment/price
(1) The use of rentcard requires online registration and is only permitted for adults. rentcard GmbH will not conclude any usage contracts with minors.
(2) The price for the application folder is based on the price stated in the order. In the case of special promotions (e.g., voucher codes), the prices stated as part of the respective promotion shall apply.
(3) As a user of the Internet platform www.rentcard.app, you can order a digital or printed application portfolio. To do so, you must complete the order process provided for this purpose. By clicking the “Buy now” button, you are submitting an offer to conclude a contract for the order of the application portfolio. rentcard accepts this offer by providing a storable PDF file, depending on the order type selected.
(4) If you cannot be identified based on the order data entered, or if no application folder can be created for other reasons, you will receive information about this and a contract will not be concluded.
(5) Payment is made via the payment methods offered on the website. Separate GTC and data protection provisions of the payment provider apply here.
(6) Immediately after the delayed processing of your order, you will receive access to the customer portal and an e-mail to the e-mail address you provided as part of the order. Both in the customer portal and in the e-mail, your rentcard application folder is stored as a printable/storable PDF file.
§ 4 Data protection
(1) FinAPI collects the data necessary for the provision of the KID and the business transaction data as the responsible party within the meaning of the DSGVO. For the further processing of the data transmitted by FinAPI by rentcard (e.g., within the scope of a credit rating or creditworthiness check), rentcard is the responsible party within the meaning of the DSGVO.
(2) We process and use the data you transmit as part of the order via www.rentcard.app insofar as this is necessary for the provision and billing of the respective services.
(3) The payment data required for order processing is collected by rentcard on behalf of Stripe Payments Europe, Limited (hereinafter “STRIPE”) and transmitted to them for processing.
§ 5 Duration of contract
(1) Their one-time transmission fulfills the contract for the selected product to you. A separate order and payment are required for each additional product.
§ 6 General obligations of the user
(1) The applicant is responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of his self-created content. He is prohibited from providing false information and/or misleading third parties.
(2) The user must refrain from any activity likely to impair and/or excessively burden the operation and technical infrastructure of rentcard.
(3) The copyrights, rights of use, trademark rights, and other property rights to rentcard application are held solely by rentcard GmbH. Any rights of the provider to the content posted by him remain unaffected.
(3) When uploading content (text, photos, etc.), the user is solely responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of the content and for ensuring that he or she is the sole owner of all rights to the content he or she uploads or, in any case, that he or she has a right of use that entitles him or her to upload. Should third parties assert rights to the aforementioned content, the applicant shall indemnify rentcard GmbH against any claims (including legal costs) upon first request.
§ 7 Liability
(1) Unlimited liability: rentcard GmbH shall be liable without limitation for intent, gross negligence, personal injury, as well as for damages under the Product Liability Act and for any negligent breach of obligations that are material to the contract, i.e., obligations whose fulfillment is essential to the proper performance of the contract and on whose fulfillment the applicant may regularly rely. (cardinal obligations).
(2) Limited liability: rentcard GmbH shall not be liable for the slightly negligent breach of obligations that are not essential to the contract. Liability is also limited to the foreseeable damage typical for the contract.
(3) The above limitation of liability also applies in favor of vicarious agents of rentcard GmbH.
§ 8 Withdrawal
In the event that you are a consumer within the meaning of § 13 BGB (German Civil Code), i.e. conclude the contract for purposes that can predominantly be attributed neither to your commercial nor to your independent professional activity, you have a right of revocation in accordance with the following provisions.
Right of withdrawal
You have the right to revoke this contract within fourteen days without giving any reason. The revocation period is fourteen days from the day of the conclusion of the contract. To exercise your right of withdrawal, you must send us
Company: rentcard GmbH
Address: Leopoldstraße 169 a, 80804 Munich, Germany
Phone: +49 89 21545761
by means of a clear declaration (e.g. a letter sent by mail, fax or e-mail) about your decision to revoke this contract. For this purpose, you may use the enclosed sample revocation form, which, however, is not mandatory.
To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient to send the notification of the exercise of the right of withdrawal before the expiry of the withdrawal period.
Consequences of the revocation
If you revoke this contract, we shall reimburse you all payments we have received from you, including delivery costs (with the exception of additional costs resulting from the fact that you have chosen a type of delivery other than the most favorable standard delivery offered by us), without undue delay and no later than within fourteen days from the day on which we received the notification of your revocation of this contract. For this repayment, we will use the same means of payment that you used for the original transaction, unless expressly agreed otherwise with you; in no case will you be charged any fees because of this repayment.
If you have requested that the services begin during the revocation period, you shall pay us a reasonable amount corresponding to the proportion of the services already provided up to the time you notify us of the exercise of the right of revocation with respect to this contract compared to the total scope of the services provided for in the contract.
End of the withdrawal notice.
Model withdrawal form (If you wish to withdraw from the contract, please complete and return this form).
rentcard GmbH, Leopoldstraße 169 a, 80804 Munich, Germany
Phone: +49 89 21545761
Herewith I/we (*) revoke
the contract concluded by me/us (*)
for the purchase of the following goods (*) / the provision of the following service (*) : —————–
Ordered on (*) / received on (*) : —————–
Name of the consumer(s): —————–
Address of the consumer(s): —————–
Signature of consumer(s) (only in case of paper communication): —————
(*) Delete as applicable.
§ 9 Final provisions
(1) rentcard GmbH is entitled to make changes to these terms and conditions and will notify the user thereof in text form without having to send or otherwise communicate the changed terms and conditions in detail or the new version of the terms and conditions as a whole; notification of the fact of the change as such and a link to the changed general terms and conditions shall suffice. If the user does not object to the amended terms and conditions in text form within 14 days of being informed of the amendment, this shall be deemed to be consent to the amendments; rentcard GmbH shall point this out in the notification of amendment.
(2) The law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply exclusively.
(3) If the user is a merchant or a legal entity under public law, Munich shall be the place of jurisdiction for all disputes arising from and in connection with this contract, regardless of the legal basis.